South Lyon, Michigan
A seasoned Global CEO with 35 years of company leadership expertise in building and restoring market share within the global industrial capital equipment and services sector.
The Founder and CEO of XCELERATE CONSULTING, a focused growth acceleration consulting company that provides CEO Strategic Advisory Services to industrial capital equipment and industrial services companies to achieve dramatic revenue growth and significant margin improvements.
Also serves as an Advisor for Inc. CEO Project, a Peer Advisory community of CEOs, where he assists high growth CEOs discover new ways to improve the performance of their companies and raise their level of play.
Former President and Chief Executive Officer of North America for Leadec Corporation, a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries where he helped transform and rebuild the North American automotive services organization.
Former Global CEO for Germany-based Dürr Ecoclean GmbH where he orchestrated the restructuring of nine separate companies in Europe, Asia, and South America while growing the top line from $280M to $475M within a three-year period.
Also held positions as President and CEO of Schenck RoTec Corporation, a subsidiary of Dürr AG and Vice President of Sales for Carl Zeiss IMT Corporation, a global leader in industrial metrology equipment and services market.
Has operated in a Board capacity at several organizations including The Leadec Group, Dürr Systems, Inc., Dürr Ecoclean GmbH, Schenck Shanghai Machinery, as well as Chairman of the Board of the International Metrology Association.
William holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Pittsburgh and has completed the Executive Education Program from Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
1. Within 24 months, significantly grew the top line of a major industrial services provider from $180M to $325M while substantially increasing the bottom-line position.
2. Executed a strategic restructuring plan for a global capital equipment supplier, restructuring nine international subsidiaries within 12 months, providing a dramatic improvement of Return on Capital Employed.
3. Developed and implemented a unique business development initiative for a global automation supplier, resulting in a 70% increase in revenue growth.
4. Implemented a unique strategic build strategy for an industrial capital equipment supplier, which improved gross margins from 15% to 22% while increasing sales volume from $75M to $120M over 36 months.
5. Within 24 months, tripled a North American capital equipment and services company's annual revenue while simultaneously improving gross margins from 9% to 24%.
6. Quadrupled market share (from 10% to 35%) within five years for a North America metrology equipment provider, driving the organization to become a market share leader via unique niche marketing and market segmentation strategies.
• Six Sigma Green Belt
“Bill has a proven history of growing sales through a variety of innovative strategic initiatives and expansion into new markets, along with growth and development of new products and services”.
Ralf Dieter, CEO
“ … he has huge global market knowledge. His abilities are large, from strategy development to dedicated sales planning”.
Michael Förster, Global CEO
“I learned so much from him about sales organization building, strategic thinking, and always being the calm in the storm.”
Heath Barnett, VP of Sales
“Bill’s ability to diagnose complex issues and layout focused and measurable action plans are second to none”.
Ken Chandler, Vice President